Saturday, July 5, 2008

The morning after the 4th of July

There is always a feeling of 'summer is finally here' on the morning of July 5th. It feels like summer this morning but the sun is not out. I have faith that it will show up though.

Last night was fun. Ronnie, Zack & Ty were their normal pyro self's and Isaiah & I sat back and enjoyed the show in our driveway. I realized that no matter how many invites we get for the 4th of July parties, the best one is always at home with family. Isaiah of course doesn't remember last year's 4th and he probably won't remember this one either but he did have a look in his eye that he will remember it for as long as he can. He was a little timid of the noise but felt safe enough in my arms to fall asleep as the fireworks were still going. The Boop & Shute families showed up to help us celebrate. I can honestly say that I love my in-laws! Its always a good time when they show up.

No comments: