The entire household has vacation-itis. We have even started coming up with ways we could leave a week early. Now I could do it, seems how I can work anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. Thanks to T-mobile I'm up and ready to roll. tee hee!! Ron that is a different story. He has exactly 6.5 days of vacation left. (somebody isn't a good planner) Either way he is going we're just not leaving until the morning of the 27th.
1st stop will be San Diego. We're guestimating about 1200 miles and a 20 hour car ride. No worries, we will stop to sleep as we will have Isaiah with us and I'm gathering he will be content for at least the first 6-7 hours of driving. We'll push to try & do 10 hours the first day though. We're hoping to get there in time to have dinner with my nephew, Anthony, who lives in the area. He works at a outdoor education camp so he heads off to work by the end of the weekend. Sunday we will spend the day at Sea World. Introducing the Shute's to the Shamu Splash Zone. Even Earwig said she will sit in the zone this time. LOL.. Last time she was pissssed!! Just imagine a teenager who worked very hard on getting her hair perfect to have some huge whale mess it up with water..and we're not talking just a splash we're talking 'tons' of water. Still makes me giggle.
Next stop is Disneyland/Anaheim. We will be there from Monday through Friday. We'll also hit up Universal Studios during this time and of course taking my sis & bro -in-law on a tour of Hollywood and some famous peeps homes in Beverly Hills. Don't know why I still find this cool. My Aunt Edie did this with me when I was 12. I thought it was so cool then...because I was in love with Tom Selleck (Magnum PI?) and she showed me where he lived. I look back now that she isn't around and I think its even cooler considering the lady was like 72 when she did that.. Hope I have that kind of energy at that age. Hope my niece, Earwig, and my boys think I'm just as cool for doing it with her a few summers ago. However, I think we only found Nicholas Cage's house and Hugh Hefner's mansion. LOL!!
The last leg of our trip will be a stop by San Fransisco on the way home. We'll stay the night somewhere near Napa and then hit up the Redwood forest before cutting back over to I-5 for the haul home. No matter how many times we do this trip, it never gets old. I'm looking forward to special, uninterrupted time with my family. I'm really excited to see Isaiah's face when he sees Disneyland/Mickey Mouse/Goofy/Tink etc. He has been talking about it for a year and he knows its getting close. We have special sandals that are going to make him 1 inch taller so he can ride some more exteme rides. (don't worry...he won't make the cut for California Screamin..unfortunately they don't sell boys' sandals with a 6 inch heal..I did look) He will be able to do Soaring over California and the Tower of Terror..but only if he wants to. I'll post my pic's as soon as we get back.. See you later!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's quite an undertaking. The best of luck, fun and good times to all.
Love, Aunt Andie
Post a Comment