Monday, December 8, 2008

TGIM

'Thank GOD its Monday'

I am very thankful for today. I can remember working outside of the home just a few short weeks ago (7 to be exact). Every Monday was the same thing. I would drop Isaiah off at daycare and head down 20th towards the trestle (in construction traffic that is going to be there for the next 2 years). The trestle is only 1.5 miles long and yet it can take 30 minutes to cross on some mornings...usually Mondays. Oh how I hated Mondays and that was only the first leg of my commute...then came the Everett Mall area.. then 164th slow downs and 196th slow downs.. well honestly that is where I got off the freeway to make sure I got my Starbucks before heading up to 220th. My how things have changed....

If you think about it: over the next 5 years we have the gift of 260 Mondays. Each one is the beginning of a fresh, new start of something. The beginning of a new week. No looking back to a not so appealing weekend. Or, a new start to get excited for the next weekend coming that will be as cool as the last weekend. A new time frame to get chores done. A new week of sporting events i.e. 2 more dive meets this week for Zack & Ty. Another attempt to gain more knowledge at my new job. Another Monday that I don't have to sit in traffic to go to work. Another Monday that my entire family is healthy and alive. Another Monday that I have a close bond with my husband and 3 boys. This is cool because 2 of those boys are teenagers. GOD IS GOOD TO BLESS ME WITH MONDAYS!!!

1 comment:

Torrie said...

That is a GREAT post!
I am often thankful for a new day!
Sounds like you have lots of good things to be happy about!