We are coming to the end of strike week #2. Alot of people have alot of opinions about Boeing and/or the mechanics. Here is my take ~ Mechanics at Boeing don't go on strike unless it is convenient for Boeing ~ Boeing has been very good to my family. Ron has worked there since 1997 so this will be the 4th contract vote he has gone through. As a Boeing family you know strikes and layoff's could be coming so you do your due diligence to try & prepare. End of Story. Have we been guilty of not preparing for a strike or layoff? Yes and No. As a union family, is crossing the picket line an option? HECK NO!!. I find it entertaining to listen to people talk about strikes/picket lines. I think when people make a comment about crossing the lines they are putting their character right out on a billboard with flashing lights. If you don't stand for something you believe in, you will fall for anything.. (I think that is a country song...a pretty cool one at that). I think by standing for what you believe in you build character for yourself and your marriage. I think you are also witnessing to your children showing them that when you think you are worth something you "stand up". Don't be a coward and/or afraid and be true to yourself. God tells us that we "CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM WHO STRENGTHENS US"
I think that goes the same in religion. If your feet are not firmly planted in what you believe in then you will waiver to and fro!! Think of it along the lines of a teenager with peer pressure. I'm confident that God got my husband his job at Boeing. I'm also confident that God got him his job at Boeing again after he was laid off in 1999. I'm also confident that my husband will retire from Boeing. I am also confident that God will bring us through this strike and provide for my family just as he does all of the time without fail!!!!!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment